Sunday, June 7, 2009

it's like I never left

Yup, I'm at work on a Sunday. This is my view from my office into the store. This is what I do all day now. I sit in my office, do some work sometimes, and watch the store so when someone comes in I can go sell them stuff. No one has come in for the past 2 1/2 hours or so. So it's pretty exciting. Anyway, I'm working today because I'm taking off Friday to go to Disney with my family. We've got a crowd coming in Thursday, we'll be in Orlando until Sunday, then at our house until Friday. At which point we will be lonely again. We're pretty excited to see everyone though. Should be good times.

We had a short weekend, what with both of us working (more or less) today. We wrung as much excitement as possible out of the approximately 39 hours we were off, though. Friday night we hung out with Ilya and Mercedes (and I got rip roaring, sickeningly drunk), Saturday we went blueberry picking, made the most delicious blueberry pie and ice cream in the world (we're nice and full of antioxidants at least), and went out to dinner at the most hoity-toity "casual" restaurant I've ever seen (I guess the fact that it was in the TPC golf course should have been a clue). The food was good, at least. Some of the staff was in a tizzy over Ilya wearing a t shirt, which added some drama.

So, that's what I'm up to at the moment. Could be worse.

No comments: