Wednesday, June 3, 2009

word

So, we've been busy. And I've been sick. I was fine all weekend, felt just a tiny bit sniffly Sunday as we were getting ready for bed, but totally healthy. Then bam, woke up with a miserable cold Monday morning. Going through tissues like it was my job. Today it seems to have moved more into my throat and chest, so at least my nose gets a break. Which reminds me, I should go refill my orange juice glass. ..... Ok, I'm back. I really did go get oj, too. You can ask Alfred. He's sitting here on the phone with Ilya. They're talking about blueberry picking this weekend. We need to stock up again, our supply from last year is out.

So, the business. Monday evening we had a couple of friends stop by for dinner. We see them about once every 2 years, they live out near Tampa. Alfred knows JJ (the guy) from like middle school or something, I think they were in boy scouts together, and he was in the their wedding.

They ended up spending the night in the guest cottage and then leaving in the morning. They brought some sort of good beer which I didn't drink because I was miserable and dripping snot everywhere. Being stuffed up is the worst. But a fun evening, anyway. Christy works at Busch Gardens as a zoo keeper, so she had plenty of interesting anecdotes to share.

Yesterday we met up with Ilya, Mercedes, Max, and Ellery for a big wing dinner. We polished off 100 wings without much effort. They were ok. Not Anchor Bar quality, certainly, but not bad. Then we went to Ilya and Mercedes' house to work on a website and spent the night up there. We were woken up at 6:30 by a dog barking down the street, but someone finally let the dog in (or someone shot it or something) because we eventually fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 8:30! It was craziness! I have big plans to go to bed early tonight too, so tomorrow I'll be completely healthy again. I've been saying that since Monday, and eventually it has to come true.

Alfred's about to make banana chutney. We have 2 bananas that are far beyond ripe. I'll report back with the results later. Oh, and as he was about to move the load of laundry from the washer into the drier he discovered another load already in the drier. As he just said, "we need a better maid."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you noticed in the opening where ALF runs around the house with the video camera, when he goes in the kitchen to see Brian you can see the edge of the set & a set light. Look on the left side of the screen.

Yo Mama said...

I had to re-read your blog, wondering how I missed the reference to Alf??? Anyway, if you have a sore throat, maybe it's really throat cancer like Katie is convinced she has....sorry Kate.