Monday, March 1, 2010

in with the new!

Here's an exciting treat: a virtual tour of our new house! I just went around and took pictures of each room, without doing anything to them first to make them look any different/nicer than they actually do in real life. So here we go. The tour begins with the living room. That's the front door at the left side of the picture. That's Alfred on the couch. He's on the phone with his dad and stirring the goat milk we're making yogurt with.

Next to the living room we have the office. The dresser and TV that are in the middle of the room were against the wall and set up until this morning, when we moved them to get the satellite cable run over to the wall.

On the other side of the living room is what we're apparently calling the sitting room. This is the second least unpacked room. Eventually I think the chaise lounge, the bookshelf, and the wine fridge are going to end up in here. Probably some other stuff too, but I don't know what yet. The washer and dryer, along with the new shelf Alfred installed this weekend, are in a little closeted off area to the right of this picture.

Beyond the sitting room is the kitchen. Pretty self explanatory. This room is proving the most difficult to unpack and set up. We have a lot of kitchen stuff and are going from a lot of cabinet and counter space to a little. We also don't have a working dishwasher yet, hence all the dishes drying on the counter.

Through the sitting room in the other direction is the hallway, which leads you to the other bedrooms and the bathroom. First, our bedroom. Alfred's closet is just out of this picture on the right. He gets that closet because the hanging bar is lower and my work dresses were touching the ground when I hung them in there.

Next is the bathroom. I'm still not convinced I love this shower curtain, but I guess it's a little late now. This is probably the room we're buying the most new stuff for. The shower curtain, for one, but we still need a towel rod, toilet paper holder, rug, and some shelves or something to put all of our crap on. Most of our toiletries are still in boxes, one of which is at the bottom left of this picture. Oh, actually, when I said before I didn't touch anything before I took these pictures, I lied. I opened the shower curtain a little so you could see the shelves I put in the shower. I originally bought one of those things you hang on the shower head to hold your stuff, but then I found this shelving unit that you can set up in the corner instead. It's awesome.

And last of all, the guest room. A complete and total disaster area. When we were moving, whenever we had no idea where to put something we put it in this room. We have big plans to make this a guest room at some point. Hopefully before we have any guests. I think we should put a lot of this stuff up in the attic, but we'll see.

The biggest thing we did this weekend was landscaping. Unfortunately I got home after dark, since I had to make a detour to do some birthday shopping, so no pictures of the new landscaping yet. At least this way there's still something for everyone to look forward to!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very nice, I enjoyed the tour but look forward to seeing it in person. I don't envy anyone moving and unpacking. I love all the hard wood floors, they're beautiful.

Lucy said...

When's the house warming party?!

Katie said...

Hey! I recognize two of those comforters underneath that pile of pillows in the guest room :)

Mike said...

remember when there was no hot water & we all tried to take showers. That was brutal.