Friday, March 19, 2010

go Big Red!

Cornell's basketball team is in the NCAA tournament! And they won their first round game today! Against Temple, who was totally supposed to win! (at least, that's what I'm guessing, since they were ranked higher, plus who really expects an Ivy League school to be any good at sports? I went there and I don't expect it. Except hockey. But I digress.) They're even playing here in Florida, though today's game was in the middle of a work day so obviously we couldn't go, but I think their second game will be on Sunday which means that MAYBE we could go! Alfred totally hates basketball, but really, how often does something like this happen? I really want to go, but we'll see if he's willing to. Although I could totally go by myself. I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I did go to some games back in high school so I can sort of follow it at least. It's definitely better than baseball, although that's not saying much. And I bought a Cornell t-shirt and visor this summer that I could wear to the game! Oh man, I totally needed an excuse to wear my visor again! Obviously it will extend its magical properties to cover the team and help them towards another win! That's it, I'm going!

(p.s.: On this blog, I have purposely remained vague about where we live, except to say that it's in Florida, and I realize that this post sort of gives away that we live within a reasonable driving distance of Jacksonville, but I would appreciate if no one that knows specifically where we live mention it in the comments. Can't have all my millions of fans figuring it out and mobbing my car when I leave for work or anything. Thank you!)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah I have the big red going to the sweet 16. They were underranked as a 12 seed. They were ranked in the low 20's this season towards the end. Good luck finding a ticket, I reccommend a scalper. But I 100% endorse going to see them in the tourney, hell I flew to AZ to watch the Gophers in a bowl game.

Katie H. said...

You guys should go! I'm not a basketball fan either, but really you'd be going for the experience rather than the game. It would be so fun!