Tuesday, September 15, 2009

my visor

Our whole trip, all I wanted was a visor. We borrowed one for me from Ellery, but it was too big for me, so I decided I was going to buy one from somewhere as a souvenir. Everywhere we went, I looked for a visor. I was hopeful about buying one at an In-N-Out Burger in Las Vegas that had a hard core gift shop next door, but Alfred wouldn't let me. Nice, huh. I finally found the visor of my dreams in Ithaca. It's blue and says Cornell in red letters. I love it. I wore it on the rest of my trip whenever it didn't clash too horribly with my outfit. It was especially good for days when we didn't get to shower, it kept the little hairs on the sides of my head from sticking up too much. Also, it gives me special powers. It's like an amulet. Let me give you some examples. Here my visor has stopped a bus in its tracks, saving my life:

Here my visor is giving me the power to command the ocean:

Today it gave me the power to jog in September in Florida at 6:30pm. It's still really hot and humid in September in Florida at 6:30pm. But with the protection of my visor, I could do it. It wasn't even sunny out, but when I tried taking it off I just felt so naked. I needed it. And it helped me jog for (almost) half an hour tonight. And so, I love it. The end.

4 comments:

Yo Mama said...

You're crazy

Unknown said...

Just imagine if your old army scrunchie and your visor teamed up.

Katie K. said...

haha!!

There's really nothing more to say about this post! It just makes me laugh.

(P.S. Thanks for the shout out under "Places I Go"!)

Anonymous said...

Ole to the visor!!! Great post!!! Mercedes.