Friday, September 25, 2009

what a day

The day started out great. My bosses are out of town for a wedding, so we ordered lunch at the main downtown office and I managed to kill 2 hours there. The problems began when I left work. I wasn't more than 2 miles away, stopped at a red light, when I got rear ended. Luckily my Hyundai is a freaking tank, so the bumper isn't even dented, just a couple of tiny scratches. She hit me hard enough to knock all the stuff out from the little storage area under he dashboard and make the sunroof cover slide open, and dent her SUV's bumper, but my car's just fine. We exchanged info, I gave them directions to the place they were trying to find (which is why she was distracted), and continued on my way.

The next issue came about 5 minutes after I got home. The doorbell rang, and by the time I got downstairs to open the door there was no one there, just a bike in the driveway. I went back upstairs to look out the windows and see if I could see anyone, and heard someone knock on the back door. Then they tried to open the door. Then I heard a man on the phone, telling someone to meet him down the road. By this point I was freaking the F out, considering grabbing Alfred's shotgun, but instead called my neighbor's house. His daughter in law answered, I asked her to look and see if she could see anyone, and then saw from the bedroom window that the garage door was open. She said she and her husband would be right over. They came over, he knocked on the window of the garage to get the guy's attention, and this weird dude came out of the garage with a paint can. Long story short, he said he was supposed to give someone a paint quote and thought this was the house. He finally left, after giving us a business card and saying that we should call him if we needed any work done. When I went into the garage to close the door, I saw that my car door was ajar and stuff had been moved around. So I decided to call the police. They came pretty quickly, which was nice, and the neighbor and I filled out statements. They found his bike and said they had an idea who it was. Hopefully they find him.

All I know is, they say bad things come in threes, and I've had 2 so far. So everyone just take care of yourself tonight, ok?

5 comments:

Yo mama said...

Oh, that's a bit scary. Good thing you have nice neighbors and they were home. I wonder if the card he gave you is a legitimate number.

Anonymous said...

If your sister was there he would have had 5 clicks to identify himself.

Anonymous said...

What a day is right! I'm glad everything turned out "fine" at the end, relatively. Hopefully they catch that guy and scare him!!! The next post has to be all good news, vale? Mercedes

Unknown said...

Florida is dangerous! Come back to NY, you know you want to...

Yo Mama said...

You tell her Katherine!