Thursday, November 17, 2011

wide open spaces

Tabby has been sleeping in a co sleeper in between us in our bed since she was born. It's sort of a mini baby bed that just sits on top of our mattress. The top half has hard sides but the bottom just kind of has netting sides. Well, she decided this week that a fun way to wake me up in the morning (or middle of the night) is to kick her way out of her blanket, scoot down and out the side of the co sleeper a bit, and kick me in the back. Charming. So I decided I was ready to move her to her own bed. Not her own room just yet - she's in a basinette next to our bed - but holy cow, our bed is huge now! Plus the co sleeper seems to have trained Alfred to stay on his own side instead of migrating to the center of the bed at night. Suddenly I have what feels like acres and acres of room at night. It's fabulous. That combined with the fact that I can now sleep through absolutely anything, including Alfred's alarm, means that I've had a couple of really good nights of sleep. I can sleep through anything except for Tabitha, I mean. She makes the tiniest peep and I'm awake. Seriously, she wakes me up by breathing loudly. But she only wakes up once or twice a night, so I'm not complaining at all. I might have to rush to get things done during her 35 minute naps during the day, but girl can sleep at night.

On a completely unrelated note, our house seems to produce massive amounts of dust these days. I used to sweep every couple of days, swiffer once a week or so, and it was fine. Now if I don't swiffer every other day at least there are copious amounts of giant dust bunnies all over the floor. It's disgusting. I don't know if it's because Tabby and I are supremely dirty people or what, but it's kind of disturbing. I just swiffered and am currently enjoying a dust free floor for the next 12 hours or so before it needs it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't have to dust the floor so much when she learns to crawl, just take her outside and shake her out every once in awhile.
Mom

Lucy said...

Yeah! Thanks for blogging again! Let me know when you're ready for another playdate! Have you done any research for coffee club? Congrats on your nights of sleep! Sweet, Tabby!