Wednesday, July 8, 2009

packing

Holy cow, do we have a lot of stuff. We have to fit a tent, a tarp, a sleeping bag, pillows, a sheet and blanket, a sleeping pad, a camping grill, and our bags into my little Hyundai Elantra. And not only does it need to fit, but we need to have space left over to pick up Doug in Washington DC (that's the plan, anyway). Uh, sure. Luckily we're starting on it today so we have a couple of days to get it all to work. I pack the bags, Alfred packs the car. We stick with what we're good at.


In other news, I finished the last of the Twilight series today. Thank God, now I can get on with my life.

Oh, and the fourth of July! We were supposed to be hosting a party with Phil and Lucy at our house, but it ended up getting moved to their neighbors' house, so we spent the day there instead. We met some new people, got to know other people better, ate some good food, drank a bunch, played some flip cup. It was a lot of fun. Waking up the next morning to go to work was not as fun, but that's ok. Here's Alfred in the midst of a round of flip cup. His team won that round. I played a little, my team won 2 of the 3 rounds I played. And we ate watermelon spiked with vodka. Awesome.

1 comment:

Katie K. said...

I was wondering what car you were going to take! For some reason I was imagining a VW van or something, but that makes no sense since you don't even have one.