Sunday, October 11, 2009

sneak peak

Yesterday we went to Universal Studios with Kevin, Gara, and Gara's brother Bil. It was bloody hot, and surprisingly busy. I guess we shouldn't have been surprised by that, since Halloween Horror Nights is going on. Kevin and Gara came to our house Friday night and spent the night (we had homemade pizza for dinner, which was good), then we left nice and early Saturday morning after a breakfast of cinnamon rolls. We met Bil at the park.

There's a new roller coaster there where you get to pick a song to listen to on the ride. I panicked for a little while, trying to decide which one to go with, but luckily we were in line for over an hour so I had plenty of time. They also record video of you along the way, and at the end you can go watch it and make your own music video (which I imagine would be pretty sweet). So we find our picture and start to watch my video, and 3 seconds in you can clearly read my lips as I yell "oh f***!" It was awesome!

We made sure that we brought a camera into the park, and then managed to not take any pictures of us there. The only pictures I took there were on my phone, of the new Harry Potter attraction.



It looks pretty cool, but apparently they got rid of part of the park to build it, including the location of these photos:

Yes, they got rid of the cave bar that had happy hour, but there's still a bar with a happy hour in the area. So yeah, we drank a bunch. And ate a bunch. Then drank some more. No Ben and Jerry's, though. Fun times anyway.

This morning we went out to breakfast before Kevin and Gara headed back home. We've been planted on the couch ever since. It's been a good weekend!