Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Road rage

So I'm on my way to work right now, sitting in traffic because of an accident. The SUV in front of me just changed lanes and almost sideswiped a car in the next lane. The man driving the car honked and swerved around her. He then rolled down his window, held his arm out and made a motion with his hand to indicate that she was talking, then shook his fist at her out the window. Next he held a sign (ore-printed and in a plastic cover, so he apparently uses it often) that said "hey blondie," (incidentally, she was blond) "shut the hell up and drive." I have to admit, I laughed. Next he made some more angry gestures at her with his hand out the window. Then he threw something at her car. I couldn't tell what it was, something small, it kind of looked like a battery. That's when I stopped laughing in case he looked over and got mad at me, too. Finally he gave her the finger. At that point my lane started moving faster, and I couldn't see them anymore. The lesson I've learned this morning: people are frigging crazy.

3 comments:

Ro said...

This sounds like my drive in LA along Sunset Blvd., every. day. (except for the sign part, that's great) but yes, good idea to keep your distance too, never know when some wacko is going to pull a gun or something!

Mike said...

See, thats why you should let your husband buy more guns. My suggestion, buy a Winchester 1887, you could do that cool reload thing Arnold does in Terminator 2.

Anonymous said...

Arnold used to have the coolest reload scene ever... but he was just eclipsed by a 13 year old girl... Kick ass when Hit Girl's walking down the hallway of books at the end and reloads 2 handguns in mid air... makes me wanna...

(Speeding down the street when the red lights flash; need to get away need to make a dash; A song comes on that reminds me of you)