Wednesday, February 25, 2009

change in habits

Our busiest season is coming up at work, so I'm going to be working longer hours and more evenings soon. Which means that I'm not going to be blogging as often during the week anymore. I'll try to blog during the weekends some to make up for it, but we have so many friends and things to do... ha! Once in awhile we do, I guess. This weekend we're going to Orlando, so that will be fun. Last weekend we just sat around and relaxed, though. It was awesome.

Here's a fun picture:

It was taken in one of the tunnels below Alcatraz. When we were out there visiting Rosemary and Greg, we went to buy tickets for the tour, only to find that they were sold out for the day. While we were trying to decide what to do, the park ranger we were talking to asked if we'd like to go on a special tour with him. He and another ranger were giving a special behind the scenes tour to some park rangers from somewhere like Pennsylvania, and asked if we'd like to come along. So we got a super cool tour, and it was free! We got to go in a bunch of cells, and walk around underneath the prison, and go upstairs to where they filmed part of the movie "The Rock." It was really fun. I meant to send that guy a thank you note and never did. I'm so not a Southerner. They write thank you notes for everything.

In other news, I haven't asked anyone to be my friend on facebook since Katherine first signed me up. It's kind of fun to see how many people ask me to be their friend. I don't know how many I have right now, though, and I just signed on yesterday so I can't sign on again so soon. I can't get people's hopes up. It's a little weird though, most of the people I went to high school with who have asked to be my friend were huge losers. That doesn't say much for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post was a little too deep for me, how come you stopped writing about squirrels?

Anonymous said...

Come Back! Visit again!