Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the usual weekend post

I sort of forgot about blogging yesterday. We made some lima bean soup in the slow cooker, and between that and some good TV, I was totally distracted. Oh, and I was knitting. I'm almost done with my snood, I just need to thread some yarn through it like a drawstring and then I'm done. I'm a little knitting fool. Well, some sort of fool, anyway.

We had a fun weekend. Ilya's birthday party was Saturday, we went out to lunch and then back to their house for cake and gifts. They bought an ice cream cake that was so, so delicious. It was espresso ice cream with this really thick chocolate frosting. The best part was they wrote on the cake in pink. Apparently Ilya sounds girly, I guess he gets that a lot on his mail and stuff. Ha! Then we hung out for the rest of the night, went out for some Mexican for dinner, watched some tv, etc. Good times.

I also bought a purse on Saturday morning, which turned out to be too small, and whose zipper I then proceeded to break. Alfred fixed it for me, but it frustrated the hell out of me. I returned it Sunday and got a new one instead, which I am enjoying so far. So that's my purse news.

We ran a bunch of errands Sunday before heading back home, then made some faux chicken wings and cole slaw and watched the super bowl. At some point I was walking down the stairs in my slippers and slipped. Imagine that, slipping in slippers. I was going down the bottom half of the stairs but was still holding onto the top half of the railing, so I caught myself before I fell, but I kind of swung into the wall instead. My shoulder and ribs/side hurt, but I only have a tiny little bruise. It sucks, but at least I didn't really fall.

Ok, I think we're all up to date. Whew!

No comments: