Thursday, January 15, 2009

alone again

Alfred came home last night! We blew through some important tv, had a tasty dinner, and I enjoyed having someone other than myself to talk to. In other words, I was far too busy to blog. But tonight he's at his parents' house again, he had to go to work after his class so he really didn't feel like making the drive home. So, here I am, watching a show about multiple births (they totally just showed a baby come out, there was a warning at the beginning about full frontal nudity) and eating a quesadilla for dinner. Good stuff.

(There's not going to be a picture here. Alfred's computer isn't on and I'm far too comfortable to go upstairs and turn it on, and I don't have any pictures on this computer. Sorry!)

I'm also playing Suzy Homemaker. I sewed up a tear in one of my work costumes, and now I'm going to work on knitting a hair covering thing to wear to work. It's called a snood. Ooh, here's a picture after all!


Except mine won't be orange. We'll see how it turns out. I was hoping to get it finished tonight, but I've been slacking off so far so I don't know if that will happen.

So tomorrow's high is only 49 degrees. It's supposed to go down into the 20's both tonight and tomorrow night. I think that qualifies as cold. Of course, not nearly as cold as it is in NY or MN. We were actually hoping to go to MN this weekend (Mike's there now) but it didn't work out, since Alfred has his class and I have to work all freaking day on Sunday (I have to be there at 8am!) But knowing that it's so damn cold up there somehow makes me not quite as sad to not be going. Still a little sad, though.

No comments: