Tuesday, January 13, 2009

return of the jogger

For the last 3 weeks the weather has been freaking gorgeous. Sunny, in the 70s, getting into the 80s a few times. All, of course, while we had no school groups at the museum and I was stuck in the office or store all day long. This week we have groups again, and of course it's goddamn freezing and rainy outside. It sucks! This isn't why we live in Florida. Also, speaking of work, I just realized this morning that I never took out my hoop earrings that I put in over Christmas and am not supposed to wear at the museum. Oops. Ha!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I also went jogging this weekend! I knew I did more productive things than cook and take down decorations! I wasn't even all that sore afterwards. It's been a long, long time. Someone accidentally broke the mp3 player that I got for my birthday last year, so I hadn't gone in a long time, but then Alfred got me a new one for my birthday this year, so I have no excuse anymore. I sort of enjoy it, I guess. I don't exactly love it, but I do it. Slowly. It's funny that I ran track in high school. I only did it because a) I wanted to hang out with my friends, and b) it was the only sport (indoor track, not outdoor) that I could do along with dancing. I didn't take it very seriously. Whenever we had Saturday morning practices, we'd run to my (parents') house and eat doughnuts and watch tv until we had to run back to check in at the end of practice. Anyway, I always wonder what I look like when I jog, I see people jogging as I drive to work and some of them look stupid. I hope I don't look too stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quit your whining....4 degrees at 6 am this morning. 'Nuff said.