Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy 2009!

I can't believe it's already 2009. I feel like I just finally got used to writing 2008. I think 2009 is going to be a good year. Let's hope so!

Anyway, our new years eve celebration involved lots of fireworks, booze, and good food. Last night Mercedes made braised short ribs for dinner, and I worked on the stock for today's soup. Then we burned lots of stuff.


Honestly, I don't really remember going to bed last night. I had a few Kahlua drinks, some beers, and champagne at midnight, but I don't think I blacked out, I think I was just really tired and falling asleep in my chair before stumbling off to bed. All I know is I woke up in my bed at about 5:45am, fully dressed except for my shoes, and realized that we never turned off the burner under the stock pot. So I went downstairs, turned it off and put the pot in the fridge, then went back to bed and tried to go back to sleep. Once we got up for good, we got to work on our main meal for today: french onion soup and a Spanish tortilla.

Everything was delicious. It was really a very fun new years, overall. And finally, the sum of our drinking over the past 2 weeks:

No comments: