Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a more chipper post

My post title reminds me that I booked a tour today with a guy named Chip. I wonder what his real name is. I hope no one was cruel enough to actually name their child Chip. What grown man goes by the name Chip, anyway? Weird.

Alfred was not happy that I didn't post yesterday and he had to look at my depressing post from Monday for 2 days. I didn't think it was that bad. There was no picture though, so I guess that's sad. Here's a nice colorful one from New Years.

Here's another one. It looked more interesting in photoshop, but I spent like 2 minutes on it, so I'm posting it anyway. I had to crop out a bulb that wasn't working. Those damn lights are brand new, and already bulbs are out. There's a whole section out front that's not working, too. It's not the bulbs or the fuse, we replaced them all. Stupid cheap Walmart lights.

Ok, now that I have satisfied my photo quota, we can move on. I think I'm becoming more cold blooded as I age. For example, right now I'm wearing sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, and slippers. I'm in the house and the thermostat says it's 71. Alfred's wearing shorts and a t shirt. Here's another example. I put on my sweater before leaving work today because I was cold. I checked the thermometer by the store door on my way to my car. It was 67. I hope it's just a phase. Because otherwise I'm going to be like one of those little old ladies who wear sweaters in 80 degree heat, except I'll be 30.

Tonight is the first night since we put up our Christmas lights that we haven't turned them on. It's kind of sad. I think we really do have to take them down this weekend. It's just so much work to put it all up, I feel like we should be able to enjoy it for longer. But Alfred says we'll look like white trash if we keep them up. It's not like we'd stick out in our neighborhood, so I don't know why that's a problem. Sometimes I'm just struck by the fact that I'm a grown up, that I'm married and own a house. Like right now. I own a house and can decide when and how to decorate it for Christmas and when to take those decorations down. When on earth did I grow up? Alfred's been hearing that a lot lately. For some reason I'm just shocked to be considered an adult.

No comments: