Monday, January 12, 2009

colin farrell just made fun of Florida

I am proud to announce that our Christmas tree is still up. Yes, we've scraped by for another week. We did take down a few lights (only so we could return them, though), and I took down all of the other decorations around the house. I haven't put any of them away, of course. They're all sitting on the table in the kitchen. It's just too sad to take it all down at once. Plus I think we're going to need another Christmas box to store it all and I just don't feel inspired to find one and pack everything up. I was riding a wave of productivity when I took everything down, and once that left me, that was it.

Our Sunday was rather productive overall. I packaged up a couple of boxes to mail to Katie, we made a bunch of food to get me through the week, (Alfred's taking a real estate class and is spending several nights this week at his parents' house) oh and we had a freaking awesome dinner. We grilled a couple of steaks, cooked some swiss chard with parmesan cheese, and made some cranberry chutney to go along with it. Oh lordy, was it good. I could eat that chutney plain. Actually I could, we have a little left over. But anyway, it was good.

Right now I'm watching the Golden Globes from last night. This Steven Spielberg thing is awfully long. I just went upstairs to turn on Alfred's computer and came back down and he's still droning on. I mean, he's made some good movies and all, but come on. Hell, most of this post was written during this section. I really need to watch Slumdog Millionaire. Ok, it's over. And so's this!

No comments: