Monday, January 5, 2009

this is post #199

Today sucked. Of course, since today was the first work day of the first full work week after 2 weeks of holidays, it was bound to suck. There was no hope of non-sucking for today. Nothing particularly bad happened, it just existed. I had to wake up and go to work and know that I'm going to have to do the same thing for the next 4 days in a row. Also, I seem to have fallen off the wagon really, really hard and I can barely see it rolling along ahead of me. It's going to take some real work to get back on. But I need to. I feel disgusting. I'm pretty good at home, it's just work that kills me. I'm all alone all day long with nothing to do but think about all the food I have there to eat. Alfred made me take the box of chocolate macadamia nut clusters that Maureene brought to work, and with no one else there, guess who's eating them all? Kara, the new girl I hired last fall (I'm not sure I've ever mentioned her name, but now I can call her by name and make it easier on myself) was supposed to be back last week but with the whole breaking-up-with-her-fiance thing is apparently not feeling up to coming back to work yet. Must be nice to not need the money. At least she's coming back, I was afraid she was going to move back home and screw me. That would have sucked. Also, is that how you spell fiance? Or is it fiancee? I think one's for the man and one for the woman but I don't really know for sure. I probably made that up.

We had a super lazy weekend. We were planning to take down all of our Christmas decorations and lights and pack them all away and then I was going to reorganize all the stuff in the closet under the stairs where we store everything, since we have no closet space, but it didn't happen. Instead we watched a bunch of movies, some tv, and ate. Just the kind of weekend I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, a woman has a fiance (a male) and a man has a fiancee (a female).