Sunday, January 25, 2009

efficiency, thy name is Tracy

I've been working my little butt off making dinners for this week, so we won't have to cook after work. Alfred's not home, my game keeps crashing, my tv show doesn't start for another hour or so, and, well, I was feeling inspired. So I've been a cooking fool. My kitchen smells amazing right now, I wish there was a way to capture the smell because I would share it with you all and make you all jealous.

The closer pan contains sweet potato peanut soup, and the farther pan is beef and eggplant casserole (which I added zucchini to and subtracted bread crumbs from). Right now, the casserole is finished (except for baking) and in the fridge, and the soup is boiling away like crazy. And I'm sitting here eating tonight's dinner: English muffin pizzas. I've been carbo-loading while Alfred's been away. I should have let them toast a little longer before I put on the toppings. Oh dang, the battery just died on my mp3 player. Ok, one last picture before I get back to work on the soup:

This is the eggplant I used for the casserole. As you can see, it has a nice finger-like tumor protruding from it. I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Both the cashier and bagger commented on it. And now it's sliced and smothered in beefy goodness. That's what she said!

No comments: