Thursday, January 29, 2009

my poor little toes

Today was an interesting day. It rained absolutely all day long, and the temperature dropped steadily from about 8:00am on, neither of which I was expecting at all. I was completely unprepared for such crap weather. And the really fun part was that we had groups all day! Yay! I was completely drenched from the legs down by 10am. My top half was only pretty wet, as my poncho was doing a valiant job of trying to keep me dry. But it was pretty hopeless. The worst part was my feet. My boots and socks were soaked, since our parking lot turns into one giant puddle when it rains, and 2 toes on my left foot were actually numb for awhile. I don't know why exactly, because it was probably in the 60s and 50s most of the day, but try telling my toes that. They've been enclosed in warm fuzzy socks for the past 20 minutes, but they're still cold. I hope my shoes dry out by tomorrow.

Another thing that made today interesting: I did my first archaeology program today! I was nervous. I've only watched about 2 1/2 programs total, but I've read all the stuff Lindsay put together and wrote the script that we're going to use to train the guides. I think it went well, actually. The kids seemed interested at least. I'm looking forward to being able to do it again and try out a couple of changes to make it run smoother.

One last interesting thing: Alfred took his state exam today for the real estate class he took last week, and he passed! He was nervous too, but I knew he'd do great. He even caved and had carbs (an entire tortilla!) for lunch today. See, carbs are brain food!

1 comment:

dad said...

Sounds like something your dad would have done oh yeah i did several times !!