Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm sort of famous

My regular readers (the thousands of you) may have noticed a slew of new visitors today. I counted 27 just now. Seems someone over on thenest.com was asking about someone who has a screen name that includes T&A, someone found this here little blog, and posted a link asking if I'm that person. Alas, I am not. I feel sort of sorry for all those people who trek over here, hoping to find someone they know and miss, and only find me. I used to frequent a couple of the boards there for awhile, though not the particular board that had this post, and my screen name didn't have T&A in it. Plus I didn't actually post much. Sorry, ladies.

Big TV news: Scrubs is back on! I think it was on Monday night, although with DVR it's hard to remember. 2 episodes though, and both were pretty good, I thought. The last couple of seasons have only been so-so, but these were much better. This is supposedly the last season, although there are rumors of a spin off, in Cheers/Frasier fashion. I'd watch. I watched Joey, after all.

Speaking of TV... I think I've mentioned my love of the show Ghost Hunters here before. (Yup, I looked it up and linked to it in case you were curious. There's 2 separate links there, folks. Just doing my job.) The girl who worked in the store today (Chrissy) also works at the wax museum downtown. She's told me (and others have told me) a few creepy ghostly stories about the place before. Anyway, she told me today that one of the guys from Ghost Hunters (Jason) and his wife came into the wax museum last month! She met them and talked to them and stuff! They were just in town on vacation and stopped in. They went through the museum, then asked her if there were any ghost stories about the place. So she told them a bunch. Then they asked if they could stick around after she closed and turned off the lights, so she said sure. They brought in one of their cameras and she walked them back into one section where there are a bunch of presidents set up. She was telling them a story about the wax face of Abraham Lincoln, and about how it was made from one of his death masks. After she finished talking, Jason's wife told her that during her story, a light came out from behind her, where the wax head was, swirled around her head, then went back behind her toward the wax head. Kind of weird. The wife said she'd post it on her myspace page, but I just looked and it wasn't there, but she hasn't logged in for a few weeks. Chrissy gave them the owner's card and told them they should come back and investigate. If they do, I am SO there! I'll be such a dork, I'd totally just stand around and grin like a goofball. It would totally make my day. No, month at least.

Ok, now that you've read all that drivel, here's a fun little series of pictures of me getting my tattoo. First, the last picture ever taken of my un-tattooed back:

Now a couple of action shots. Look how hard I'm holding onto that seat back. It hurt, yo.

And finally, the finished product. I think it took about an hour. I was considering a butterfly until I saw this little guy, I'm so glad I found him. He's my Swedish souvenir. If he had a name, it would be "Chompers" in Swedish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I met one of the people from ghost hunters when I was in OKC. She had big boobs, said a spirit (or as I called it, a goblin) follows me around.

Alina said...

Just wanted to pop in an say hello. I'm a fellow Jacksonville blogger. Fun to find other bloggers in the area. I love me some SCRUBS. A great show. That tattoo looks seriously painful but cool.