Friday, August 22, 2008

this week rules

I left work early again today, as you may be able to guess. It's not raining at home anymore, I actually see a little sun, but it was really gross earlier. I just talked to Alfred, he's on his way home from work too, he said it's really bad where he is. There was also apparently a tornado spotted right where he was driving through, about 10 miles from the museum. Glad I left! Really we both messed up, we should have gone to work all day yesterday and taken all of today off. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

I've been fairly productive in the hour and a half I've been home. I cleaned the bathrooms, swept, took out the trash, made some cookie dough (I've heard rumors that a certain sister of mine is coming down here next week, and I've been craving some dough anyway), and washed some dishes. I was nice and left the vacuuming for Alfred, and haven't quite gotten around to laundry yet. Hell, I've got 2 1/2 days to do it now! I love having my weekend chores done by Friday afternoon.

I'm watching Ghost Hunters right now. I kind of love this show. I saw it for the first time when they visited the St. Augustine lighthouse, which was a really good episode (I might still have it on our dvr), and then I sort of got hooked. It's sort of cheesy sometimes, but it's fun. How's that for a pointless story?

It's more fun to blog during the day than at night. By the time I get around to blogging most nights it's after dinner and all I want to do is sit around and be lazy, so I kind of hurry through it. When I do it during the day I take longer and you get gems like this.

I think I'm going to go bake a couple of cookies. Or at least eat some more dough. Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a ghost-hunting book that I finished reading a while ago - I'll put it on Gooreads or something (not really, but i'll tell you the name)

Anonymous said...

Somethings never change, 10 years ago you were wishing for a "snow day" now it's a "hurricane day".