Thursday, August 21, 2008

soggy update

We're in Fay's eye right now. It's kind of cool, there's no rain and almost no wind. I guess it started moving again, I'm kind of excited for the next update to see where exactly it hit land again. They've been saying between Daytona and Jacksonville; we might be famous!

So I did go into work today, but I left at 1. It was really gross on my drive there, very windy and rainy, kind of scary on the bridges. Here's another action packed video for you. I made sure to turn off my cd player first so you can't make fun of my music.




There's lots of flooding in St. Augustine already, and we're supposed to keep getting rain until Saturday. They closed the bridge and a bunch of roads downtown. There was one place where a small lake/retention pond completely overflowed over a road. I didn't have my camera ready though, so no picture. I stopped and got gas on my way home and almost got blown away. I kept thinking "it's a twista, it's a twista!" cause I'm cool like that. The water in the intracoastal's pretty high, too. Luckily our house is nice and high up, we shouldn't have any flooding or anything.

The museum was fine, just lots of branches down. I was nice and let Marc stay in the office for awhile this morning, even though he crapped all over the damn floor and kept pulling out his feathers and leaving them around. I'm going to have to vacuum tomorrow. Here he is, cowering under a desk like a little pansy.

Meanwhile, Mama took it like a champ. She's a real woman.

I feel kind of bad for them, being stuck outside in this weather, but at least they got some food today. Plus there's a couple of structures outside they can get into, so they'll be fine.

So now I'm home. Alfred stayed home too, so we got to have lunch together. Now I have to work on some laundry, maybe clean the bathrooms, make some granola. Maybe we'll get drunk and watch the Olympics. It's gonna be an exciting time!

No comments: