Thursday, August 14, 2008

blogging over breakfast

I figured I'd come on and write a quick post while I ate this morning. See, there's my breakfast, yogurt and a banana muffin. I didn't get a chance to blog last night because we went out on a date! Yeah, that's right. We went out to dinner and then to a movie. Yay for $5 movie tickets! We saw Tropic Thunder. It was pretty good, definitely had some funny parts. Tom Cruise and Bill Hader dancing, for one. I had read that there were fake trailers before the movie, so when the first trailer started I assumed it was fake. It was something with Samuel L. Jackson (I think) being a bad cop. Looked pretty silly to me, so I Assumed it was a joke, but then the next one looked a little more realistic, like a movie I'd actually want to see. By the third trailer (for a Disney animated movie) I finally figured out these were real. But that first one really threw me off. (The fake ones are very obvious.)

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here, but for a rich house, the hot water here sucks. They have an instant water heater, which is supposed to heat the water as it's being used instead of heating it and storing it in a tank, so you're supposed to have hot water right away and have it last the whole time. They must have theirs on some setting that turns it off after a certain amount of water or time, because I run out of hot water about half the time. And it's not like I take super long showers, I'm talking my normal 10-minute-max showers. I think it might have something to do with the fact that their shower heads use like 500 gallons a minute. It's nice for the first 5 minutes, but then when it gets cold it sucks.

Wow, this is fascinating stuff. But my breakfast is eaten and I have to leave for work in 13 minutes. Peace out

No comments: