Monday, August 25, 2008

more ghosty goodness

Today's my parents' anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! 29 years, yo. Impressive.

I just watched another episode of Ghost Hunters while I exercised, it freaked me out a little. It was in a house, which is always a little creepy anyway, and Alfred's not home yet. So I'm watching The Soup to un-freak myself. Luckily I have never thought or felt like our house is haunted in the slightest. Billy's house makes me feel creepy sometimes, but not ours. So that's good. I was reading a book about ghosts in St. Augustine once when we were living in the apartment there, and had to stop when I got to the chapter about mean ghosts. It scared the crap out of me, although really I never thought that house was haunted either. What's with all these ghost posts lately?

So we had a good weekend, it was nice and relaxing. I actually picked up the branches that were knocked down by Fay already, generally we leave the branches around for at least a month before we get around to it. Our neighbors' branches were already picked up, of course, but there were some clumps of Spanish moss still on the ground. And the one-legged man that lives next to him went out in his kayak on Saturday. That man is tough. He's in his 80s and has one leg. That's why we call him one-legged man. I saw him in Publix once, it was the coolest. I felt like I was seeing a celebrity.

One more big development of the weekend: Alfred installed my Sims game for me on the laptop. Yes, I'm a huge dork, but you know what, I don't care. I'm proud of my dorkdom. Plus you all know I'm a dork, so it's ok. It's good timing, since football season is starting. Alfred watches his game, I play mine. It works quite nicely. So I was (and still am, really) a happy camper. God, I'm a dork.

No comments: