Saturday, August 16, 2008

party animals

On Thursday night, after we went to the gym, we decided to go to the movies again. That's right, twice in one week! We smuggled in some food from Chick Fil A and saw Pineapple Express. It was really funny, pretty bloody. I liked it a lot, but Alfred liked Tropic Thunder better. I just thought this one was funnier, and all the action at the end was good. Bill Hader was in this one too, surprisingly, just for a few minutes at the very beginning. I think his part was funnier in this than in Tropic Thunder.

Then last night we went out to dinner with Ilya and Mercedes. Alfred found out that this restaurant we go to lunch at fairly often (well, he still goes, I don't anymore obviously) had 2 for 1 beer last night, so off we went. Mercedes and I only had 2 beers each, but Alfred and Ilya made up for it with 5 each. We had wings and nachos too, definitely a very healthy night. We wanted to get a picture with the food and all of our empty glasses, but the waitress said she couldn't leave the glasses cause they needed to wash them and use them again. She said she was sorry, but didn't sound it. She did take this picture for us, though. Apparently I felt the need to try and hide behind the umbrella pole.

This morning we're heading to pick up a fireplace that we've had set up as a display at a landscape/nursery place for almost a year. I think I've gotten one call on it, so obviously it was very successful. We've hit a slight snag in our plans:

Yeah, that's a truck in the fountain out front. We're working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like an exciting morning, (who was driving?) I finally catched up with your blog, now back to work.