Monday, August 4, 2008

weekend

We had a pretty good weekend. We didn't get home until Saturday afternoon because we spent Friday night at Billy's, then stopped to show Robyn my car and pick up some goat milk. We didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day, just watched some tv and relaxed. We got pretty creative with dinner; we didn't want to have to go to the store, so Alfred had the idea to make breakfast.

It was damn tasty! We also made some split pea soup in the slow cooker and let it cook overnight, so we've got that meal ready for this week. Sunday we really got to work, made some yogurt and granola, went for our walk (we saw a dead sting ray up on the beach, which was kind of cool), then made some Indian food for dinner.

We came up with a new diet plan along the way, too: add an extra teaspoon of red pepper to whatever it is you're eating. Works like a charm. To be fair, I just followed the recipe, I didn't add extra and mess it up.

We get to house sit all this week, yay! It's not so bad, it means we get to go out to dinner because we're sort of afraid to use their kitchen. It's just so pristine.

Also, I got my first full tank of gas in my new car. I got 30.7 miles per gallon. Not bad. Not quite as good as my Accent or Civic, but not bad.

No comments: