Monday, August 11, 2008

our weekend, of course

Good times were had. Saturday we worked like mad outside, we cleaned up the yard, I weeded the brick walkway, and Alfred mowed the front and back yards, so it looks all nice again. I also cleared out part of the garage so my car can fit in there too. Stuff sort of leaked out from around the walls since we sold my Civic. Oh, and I repotted my plant to give it some more space, it's much happier now.

Saturday was also my day to finish watching So You Think You Can Dance. What an awesome finale. I'm kind of sad it's over for another year, I'm totally going through withdrawal.

I made some banana muffins Saturday with the bunch of bananas we forgot to bring with us for our house sitting gig. Alfred had the genius idea to make muffins instead of a loaf so we were able to try different additions. We tried blueberries (which was Alfred's favorite), dried cranberries (my favorite), and chocolate chips. And plain, of course. Pretty good, for banana muffins. I made some of my soon-to-be signature cookies too. They were tasty, if I do say so myself.

We started getting into the Olympics last night at oh, about 10pm. Good timing. We watched 2 world records get broken (in swimming) so that was exciting. Alfred finally turned off the tv and forced us to go to bed. Good thing, cause otherwise I might still be watching. It's strangely addicting. We're watching it again now!

I also just ate literally one bite of a peach, and I can already feel my throat getting tight. Usually it takes a lot more than that to bother me, maybe peaches are more potent than apples. Very weird.

No comments: