Wednesday, December 31, 2008

last Christmas post

After all, it's New Years Eve! Today's also Jeff's (Lindsay's husband) birthday. He's pretty old, I think 32 maybe. Happy birthday! Anyway, it's about time I stopped writing about Christmas. I left work early today, partially to finish cleaning and getting ready for tonight, but mostly just because I wanted to. I'm also taking tomorrow off, but have to go back Friday. I was expecting the other girl to be back at work today, but she called this morning and asked if it was ok if she took a couple extra days off because she and her fiance just broke up. I said sure. Anyway, Mercedes and Ilya are coming over tonight, we're going to have some good food, a bunch of alcohol, and a bonfire. Then we're making french onion soup for tomorrow, using our beef bones to make the stock. I'm excited.

Back to Christmas. I never got my mom's pictures before they left, which sucks, because I didn't take any pictures on Christmas Eve and I know there were a few good ones. Mom, please email me those. Or send a cd or something. Anyway, here's a good one of the cookies that Katie decorated:

I like this one, it's how we spent several evenings: in front of a bonfire.

Christmas night, Maureene made lumpia, which were like eggrolls, using the leftover pork from dinner. She had a bit of help rolling them, while everyone else was in the picture above.

Then she fried them the next morning, and we had a delicious breakfast. We took the rest with us shooting and had a delicious lunch as well.

I wanted to post a video of us shooting, but I can't seem to get them to work on my computer, so I can't find a good one. So instead here's a picture of my dad, covered in cabbages:

And that's all I have the patience for. Have a happy new year!

No comments: