Thursday, December 18, 2008

I need a Christmas ring tone

Sorry I slacked yesterday. I was busy. Every day I've had a list of things to accomplish before going to bed, and every night so far I've been pretty successful. We're almost ready for Christmas. The house is ready for all of our guests, we have almost all of our gifts bought and wrapped (they're all sitting under the tree right now, it's so damn precious), I mailed a package off to MN with their gifts, our cards went out this week, and we have our Christmas menu all set. I just have a few little things left to buy, and we have to buy most of the food for Christmas day. So not much left, really. We've gotten a lot done. I was going to make some cookie dough tonight to have it ready to bake this weekend, but then we decided it would be more fun to do it with my family here. You know, bonding and stuff. Really, my mom and I will make cookies while my dad fishes and Alfred is busy on his computer or something. But it will be bonding in our own way.

I feel like Christmas always sort of sneaks up on me. I look forward to my birthday, and then when that's over I have a few more days of birthday celebration time, of course, and then suddenly Christmas is a week away. Cards and packages are what always get me, because they stop guaranteeing the delivery date and make you all nervous that your stuff won't get where it's going on time.

I'm excited to have a few days off of work, but at home. We might go to Universal for a day while everyone's here, which will be fun. We haven't been to a theme park at all since I've gone back to the museum, if you can believe it. I barely can. Especially considering how much Ilya loves going. Ok time's up, got to clean up the wrapping paper in the living room and then go to bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

got your x-mas card today.