Thursday, December 4, 2008

sad news from the museum

It seems that our young rooster friend, Marc Anthony the Second, has made his flight to the Great Chicken Coop in the Sky. I didn't see him all day Tuesday, which isn't all that unusual when we don't have groups. At about 4:00 I went out to see if he was roosting, which he usually is by then, but he wasn't there. That's when I knew something was wrong. I started looking for him in his usual hiding spots but couldn't find him. Then I looked in the little shed next to where he roosted at night. And there he was. At least, there was part of him. Seems something found Marc during the night and had itself a little meal. I was going to clean him up myself, but the closer I looked the more of him I realized was left, so I couldn't do it. Unfortunately, our maintenance guy wasn't able to come until the next afternoon. When I came in the next morning, something else had already been by. Nature took care of cleaning him up. All that was left the next morning was a wing and a bunch of feathers. So, no more chicken at the museum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if he tasted like chicken?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

In other news, you guys are looking hotter than usual these days! It took me a few seconds to decide about Alfred's beard, but the verdict is in -- I like it. Tell Alfred he can keep it. I miss you guys! Can't wait for Feb.