Tuesday, December 9, 2008

it's what's for dinner

(I'll warn you now, there may be a few "that's what she said" moments in this post. Enjoy.)

Last week we got our 1/4 cow worth of meat delivered. It's from the same place we got our lamb from that we visited this summer. (We're eating one of the guys in the last picture of this post.) I had to leave work early, and then they ended up not getting to our house until 3 hours later, so that kind of sucked. But hey, with all this beef, I wasn't complaining!

And so we now have a very full freezer. Full of beef. Grass fed, healthily raised beef. Which is good, because I've decided that beef is my favorite meat. I think I could live on hamburgers and steak for the rest of my life. I mean, I'd probably like to have a pizza now and then too, but if I had to make a choice, it would totally be beef. Incidentally, I decided the other day that if I had to choose one drink for the rest of my life, it would be Kahlua and cream. So apparently I'd be living on Kahlua and cream and beef. Awesome!

We also got our shipment of this really nice wine that we've been getting since our trip out to Napa. So we had a fancy little dinner last Monday to celebrate all of our new food items. We didn't actually drink our new wine, because it came with a little note asking us to let it rest, so we drank last year's wine. Still, it was all quite delicious. Feast your eyes on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Sabres hat in the background of your last photo. Go Sabres!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, that's a lot of meat.