Monday, December 15, 2008

catching up

First, thank you all for calling/emailing/texting on my birthday. I had a great day, Alfred made me a delicious breakfast (burritos with egg and sweet potato), I had nothing but junk food all day at work (2 kinds of brownies and a cake), and then we had a fantastic dinner. If anyone still needs a gift idea for me for Christmas (or my birthday, as some of my siblings have yet to get me anything) a gift certificate to Barbara Jean's would be awesome. Then on our way out, we passed a real estate place - check out the lamp in their window!

Friday was super busy at work, and we pretty much just crashed that evening. I think that was the night we had liver for dinner, which was not quite as good as we had hoped it would be. Saturday we spent with Alfred's family and Ilya and Mercedes for my birthday. We had fried green tomatoes, mac and cheese, tomato pudding, crab cakes, and 2 types of cake (both baked by Mercedes, with help, apparently, from Ilya). It was all fantastic and I almost exploded afterwards. Seriously, my stomach almost burst. It was painful. But oh so tasty.

Yesterday we went into preparation mode for next week, cleaning and getting things ready. Katie's former abode took quite some work, but Mom, your holiday suite is now ready for occupation. We also put up and decorated our Christmas tree! We bought it Saturday morning (for only $30!) and spent all last night decorating. It's such a cute little tree. I'm all sorts of fired up for Christmas this year!

Tonight after work I did a little shopping, then came home and whipped up some meatloaf and mashed turnips (like mashed potatoes but healthier) for dinner. We're eating it right now, and it is rather delicious. After this we have some laundry to fold, and we got our Christmas cards today so we probably need to start addressing envelopes. Fun times!

No comments: