Tuesday, April 28, 2009

explanation of the white trashiness

(Mike, I timed it, it took me a total of 39 minutes to complete this post, start to finish. Drunk blogging, which you have seen, is totally different from my normal, sober blogging. Although I am about halfway through a Kahlua and cream (aka skim milk) right now.)

So we spent another weekend as vagrants. After work on Friday I headed up to meet Alfred and his parents for dinner near the house we've been working on (the one we've been painting and staying at here and there, not the model.) We spent the night at that house, then spent all morning and early afternoon Saturday looking for dining room furniture for the model. We were sort of in a hurry because I had to head back to work that afternoon, hence Alfred slurping down some leftovers for lunch as we sat in traffic in the truck. It was total class.

After work I did some shopping, then headed back up to pick Ellery up at work and meet Alfred at his parents' house. Max and Robyn had tickets to see Wicked (which I'm totally jealous of) so we were in charge of getting Ellery home. We ended up staying for dinner and then spending the night. By the way, if you ever wonder if there's anyone out there who actually watches the NFL draft, wonder no more. Yes, Ellery recorded and watched (though with some fast forwarding) the entire thing.

Sunday we did a little more furniture searching, found a great table at Walmart that they no longer carry, then headed back to the model with all of our loot so I could set things up. We also got to meet up with Ilya and Mercedes for lunch at 5 Guys. And so, without any further ado, I present model pictures. First, the bathroom downstairs:

The master bedroom:


Master bath:


Kids' bedroom (fun fact: the bottom bunk has a mattress, the top bunk has a box spring. Total bitch to make it):

There are several toys in the toy box, and a couple of Dr. Seuss books on top of the dresser.

Baby room:

We plan to add a couple of pieces of furniture to this side, I forgot to get them at Ikea.

And my personal favorite, the kids' bathroom:

How cute is this set?? I would like this for my own bathroom!

I also found a set at Walmart that had sea creatures on the shower curtain, the soap dispenser has an octopus on it, the soap dish is a turtle, and the toothbrush holder is a lobster who holds the toothbrushes in his claws and tail. Freaking adorable! I need kids so I have an excuse to buy that shit. Or maybe not. Also, there's no attic, so no, we're not living here.

So that's where all the Ikea stuff went. Keep in mind, all of that furniture cost about $2200. Not bad. I bought a bunch of knick knacks for the kitchen, so I'll take a picture of that when I set it all up. Unfortunately Hobby Lobby doesn't carry aby fake fruit bowls in which to hide boxes of cereal. We still need to buy a table for the eating nook in the kitchen, and either a table or couch for the living room area. No one has quite decided on that yet. But thank God, we're almost done. As much fun as it's been to spend other people's money, it's getting to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kid's room is missing a beaver.