Thursday, April 16, 2009

riding my second wind

I was texting Mike on my drive home from work and he just told me to stop texting him and go blog. Cause he's demanding like that. Luckily I'm buzzing hard on M&Ms, but I have a feeling I've got about 10 minutes before I crash. Clock's ticking. I don't even have the camera to post pictures to go with what I write, so that sucks. Anyway. Our weekend was fun. I realized just now that the picture with my post from Easter is awfully strange looking, what with the blanket on Mike's head and him jamming a pole into a lightbulb. Goes well with the title. He was actually painting the ceiling.

On the Monday after Easter, Jesus ran into some friends of his. "Hey Jesus, how was your weekend?" they asked. "Well," he replied, "Saturday was hell."

We also drank a bunch. Surprise! We only did one power hour though I think, after which I blogged from my phone while sitting on the back porch. I think that was Friday? Yeah cause then I made my cake. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, was that tasty. I wish I could find those damn cookies here so I caould make it again. I made a few ice cream sandwiches with the leftovers and we had them for breakfast on Saturday. Delicioso. I guess since I can't buy them here, it makes it more special when I do have them. Mike bought them at Fort Benning before he came down.

Oh right, drinking. I was tipsy twice on Easter. Once when I blogged when we were on our way to K Mart, and then again when Robyn forced me to drink lots of strong Eastery drinks. She had Mike triple fisting at one point. He and Alfred did Irish car bombs.

We also went shooting, bought a bunch of shit to furnish a model house, ate enough sugar to fell a donkey, took ice cold showers due to an extremely slow water heater, and decorated Easter eggs. And right now it's almost 11:15, I still have to pack a bag for tomorrow night, and I'm getting up at 6:30 for work. My car is jammed to capacity with more stuff for the model house and 7 cases of water for work. Cause our internet there has been down for 2 days so I haven't been able to order it to have it delivered. Curses! Tomorrow after work I'm heading up to do some more painting, then Saturday I'm working on the model in the morning and working in the afternoon. Oh yeah, I only worked a half day last Friday and took last Monday off! It was rad!

When you search google images for the word "radical" you get these radical cheerleaders. I smell like sunscreen. Ok, I hope this holds you over for a few days, Mike.

No comments: