Friday, April 3, 2009

people suck

If you ever doubt that people are inherently disgusting, lazy slobs, try cleaning a public restroom. Ugh. How hard is it to get the toilet paper in the toilet? Or the paper towels into the trash can? Or to keep the water in the sink? Restrooms too gross? Ok, how about just regular old garbage cans. Did you know that it's better to throw more trash into an overflowing garbage can than to remove the lid of the trash can immediately next to it and throw your trash in there? And if you don't want to finish your can of pop, it's ok to just throw the whole thing into the trash? Whole slices of pizza and uneaten sandwiches, too. Oh, and when someone's trying to empty the trash, it's a good idea to keep throwing more garbage in on top of the bag. And then stand in the way and not move when that person is trying to remove the bag of garbage from the area. No more trash? Ok, why not go shopping. Did you know that the best course of action when accidentally dropping and breaking a glass bottle is to kick the pieces under the counter and go on with your shopping? This is an especially good idea when you're chaperoning a group of children on a field trip and you're in the store instead of supervising aforementioned children. And then when someone else goes to clean up the glass, all you have to do is say you forgot about it. Then it's all better. Too hungry to shop? Why not yell at the pizza delivery person because your pizza is 15 minutes late, or better yet, yell at an employee of the establishment at which you are eating said pizza because it's 1:00 and you've been up since 5:30 am and that's way too late for lunch! Does it matter that said employee is offering alternatives to avoid the 10 minutes you will have to wait for picnic tables to be available? Nope! That just makes it more fun. Oh, and just for shits and giggles, Mother Nature may just decide that this is the perfect time to pour rain for days on end. Huzzah!

Ah. Much better. I broke my own record this week, 56.25 hours in 5 days. Not counting untaken lunch breaks it would be 57.75. Yes, I actually took a lunch break today and yesterday. Yesterday because I was about to snap, and today just because I could. It helps. My shoulder has been hurting for 3 days, I think I pulled a muscle in my arm, my feet ache, and I've lost 3 pounds this week because of erratic, unhealthy eating patterns. And we're only 2 weeks into the season. You think I'm bitchy now, wait until May. I'll try to come up with something other than work to write about soon, I promise.

Speaking of which, I should have some good blog fodder this weekend. We're headed to Epcot for some more worldy intoxication this weekend. Should be good times. Also, Lucy had her baby this week - it's a girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tell us how you really feel

Yo Mama said...

Yea, don't hold back. I hope they appreciate you there. And congrats to Lucy and her husband.