Wednesday, April 29, 2009

mysterioso

Stupid photoshop isn't opening. No pictures. Instead, 2 mysteries:

1. Kara and the Guy in the Red Car. This mystery involves Kara, the girl we hired last summer, who broke up with her fiance this past winter cause he cheated on her with her roommate. Kara got into a car accident this past weekend and fucked up her car completely. It's totaled. (Pretty sure it was her fault, too.) On Monday she told us what happened, I asked her how she had gotten to work, and she said she walked. One of my bosses later asked me how she got to work and I told her what Kara had said. However, my other boss said he saw Kara getting a ride from a guy in a red car. Liar! Then yesterday I saw her walking in as a red car, driven by a guy, pulled out. Unfortunately, I can't remember what her fiance's car looked like. But I bet he's giving her rides, and she doesn't want anyone to know. The fact that she lives in our bosses' backyard makes it difficult to hide things. This mystery is basically solved, I just want to gossip about it more at work. I like gossip. Which brings us to mystery number

2. The Disappearing Employee. There's a guide who has worked at the museum about as long as I have. In the past he has had occasional issues with showing up to work on time, but nothing too drastic. A couple of weeks ago, he did not show up for a tour. No call, nothing. The next day, same thing. Then the following morning he called me to tell me that he had been in jail, he was sorry and would be there that evening. So naturally I was nosy and asked what the hell happened. All he would say was that he was with some people who had some things they should not have, but that he didn't have anything and hadn't been charged. Ok. Everything's fine for a few days. The following week, he again does not show up. Doesn't come in or respond to our multiple phone calls over the next 2 days. Every day I'm having to replace him as he doesn't call back to confirm that he's coming in. Finally I just took him off the schedule for the rest of the spring. In the midst of this I get a text message, from an invalid number, saying "I can't work anymore, I'm sorry." No name. I asked around, consensus was it was fake. He now has 2 paychecks sitting in the office, still hasn't called. I checked the FL Department of Corrections website, he's not listed as an offender. I called the local sheriff's office, no arrest record. And he last signed into his Myspace page.... today. Fucker! So I'm extremely curious about what the hell is going on, and pissed off that he's fucked me over at work. Jerk.

We were hoping to go buy a car for Alfred today, but it didn't have cruise control, so no go. Instead we stayed home, I cleaned the bathrooms, we finished up a bunch of leftovers, and made some chili. Rockin'

1 comment:

Yo mama said...

Ooooo, real life mysteries, I love it. It's better than a kindle!