Sunday, April 19, 2009

non-smurf pictures

I've been attempting to write a post for like 2 hours, but I've been so busy sitting on my ass and watching mindless tv/reading mindless drivel online that I haven't gotten around to it. I even uploaded pictures like half an hour ago. So without any further ado, here are a few pictures from our trip to Ikea last weekend.

Yes, all 3 carts are ours. I even forgot 2 pieces of furniture. Luckily we manged to cram it all into the car.

But with no seat for Mike.

No, he didn't actually ride back to our house like that. We just barely managed to talk him out of it, though. And the most fun part of the trip, for the boys at least: the carts.




I worked on setting stuff up in the model house yesterday, but have some more things I need to buy and bring up. I'll try to remember to take some pictures. It's been fun spending all this money on furniture and stuff!

Alfred's been working his little butt off today. Last weekend he and Mike cut down a couple of palm trees in our backyard, and today Alfred's been working on cutting up the trunks and branches. He's making me feel guilty about being such a lazy ass. But I did some dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a little and swept the floor.

A chainsaw and beer: good combination. The beers are from last Friday. As in, a week and a half ago, not 2 days ago. That's how we roll: disgusting.

One of the trees they cut down. This one fell the right way. The other one is floating in the water. Our neighbor said that someone in some sort of government agency boat (he told me but I forgot) was going by the other day and stopped and checked out the floating tree. It's now tied to the dokc so it won't float away. Cause it's too heavy to pull out of the water.

One last picture, in case you wondered what happened to our Christmas tree:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Had we gotten the carts at the beginning of the trip, I would have enjoyed IKEA way more.

Your other bro said...

Where is the Model House? Is it like in Arrested Development where you are going to live in the attic?

Pictures of the model house would be awesome.