Tuesday, March 31, 2009

as promised

Pictures of the new museum. We moved the store to the new location last weekend. (I say "we" like I helped. I most certainly did not.) So first, a couple of pictures of the old place. First, the view from behind the counter, then the view now with nothing in there.


The view of the counter, then the same empty space.


By the way, both of the "before" pictures were taken on my phone. That's why they're kind of crappy. Here are a couple of pictures of the new store. It's flippin' huge! (That's what she said!)


It just so happened that we moved the store right before the busiest week we'd had so far, i.e. last week. The combination of the newly massive store, plus all the groups, made for quite an interesting week. There was one point where we had 3 full coach loads in there, which is about 150 people. It was crazy. Hence my 55 hours. I wonder how many times I'll break that record between now and the end of May.

Just a couple more of the programs. First the school house. This is half of it, the left side looks the same. Except with a shelf instead of the desk and blackboard.

Also, archaeology. I thought I had posted one before, but I couldn't find it after a good 2 minutes of searching, so here it is.

I have a picture of the new Spanish house, but it doesn't have a roof yet so I'll wait until it's more done to post a better picture. The whole no-roof thing may cause us some problems tomorrow, as there appears to be 90% chance of rain. Thursday, 80%. Should be fun. (It literally just started raining as I was typing that sentence. Pouring, in fact. At least I don't have to worry about watering my azaleas this week.) Also, I discovered during my search of previous posts that "museum" is my most commonly used tag for posts. As in, I refer to the museum more than any other individual thing that I write about. Despicable.

No comments: