Wednesday, March 18, 2009

work anecdotes

It seems that all I've been doing these days is work, so here are a few little stories for you.

Exhibit A: In one of my programs today, the one black kid in my group wrote his name on his paper, then wrote "aka White Chocolate."

Exhibit B: A week or so ago I was walking a group into the archaeology program. One little girl was talking to me about how much she liked fossils, etc. Then she asked me "are you going to teach us the theory of evolution or the theory of creationism?" I told her neither, that we were only talking about people who lived a thousand years ago. Then she went on to say "I believe in the theory of creationism. Because when you start really looking into the theory of evolution, you see that it's really just a bunch of dead ends." Precocious, huh? A little sad, too. So brainwashed already at the age of ten.

Exhibit C: A little girl puked in a garbage can today. Guess who got to clean it up?

Tonight I finally finished folding and ironing clothes that have been spread out across the couch for 2 weeks. We're trying to catch up on 2 weeks of tv. Tomorrow I'll be at work from 9:00 until about 8:30. It's gonna be awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Butt Finger Blizzard, sounds yummy!!!