Sunday, March 22, 2009

3 beds in 3 nights

(So this guy I think I "dated" for a day in middle school is chatting with me on facebook. See, this is the kind of crap I could have avoided by not joining. Curse you, Katherine and Katie!)

We've been living the vagrant life this weekend. On Friday after work I drove up and met Alfred at one of the houses he bought through work. The plan was to spend the night there and do some work on Saturday, but as with many of our plans, it ended up changing slightly. Turns out the well pump didn't work, so we had no water. So we ended up at Alfred's parents' house that night. Saturday morning we started out at our CPA's office (we're such grown ups) to get our taxes done. I stayed in the car and read, thinking it would take about 30 minutes. An hour and a half later, I had to pee like crazy and Alfred still wasn't back, so I went into the lobby of the big fancy building in search of a restroom. Luckily there was a woman there who pointed me in the right direction. I realized once I looked in the mirror how crazy I looked: jeans, sweatshirt that looks like something out of the 70s, glasses, and windblown hair. In other words, like a bum.

Eventually Alfred came out and we went to Chik Fil A for breakfast. We got there right as they were switching from serving breakfast to serving lunch, so we got a little of each. I decided that was a good time to put my contacts in, so I did so in the bathroom. It took awhile to get our food, so the manager gave us a coupon for a free sandwich, which was awesome. Since we had to redeem it at that restaurant Alfred went up to get it before we left. While we were eating that, an employee came around with a tray of breakfast food that hadn't sold and offered us samples. So of course we took some. While we were finishing those up, she came back around and asked if we would take the last 2 sandwiches so they didn't have to throw them out. So we did. It was flippin fantastic. We ended up getting 10 different items for $11. We figure it was because we looked like bums and seemed so desperate for food.

Eventually we did make it to the house.

We got some painting done, although not as much as I had hoped (I always forget how long it takes) then gave up around 6 and left to meet Ilya and Mercedes for some beer, wings and Uno. We crashed at their house that night. We took advantage of the running water and showered too, which was nice. Cause when you're a vagrant, you need to take advantage of those situations.

Today we were up early again and back to the house. More painting, more plumbing, more running to Home Depot and other houses Alfred has bought. Then we met up with Ilya, Mercedes, Max, and Robyn for lunch at this awesome barbecue place. We finally ended up getting home at about 6. Since then we've both exercised, done laundry, made granola, Alfred made lentil soup to cook overnight for lunches tomorrow, and I obviously blogged. Busy, busy. And I got harassed by that dude on myspace. He said I should call him. Um, weird. This is why I don't want any reference to my blog or any link to it on facebook, by the way. Cause of weirdos. I just logged the f off. Ooh, granola's done. Time for bed, laters!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a) do not confuse facebook and myspace! FB is far superior

b) you can make yourself super private like moi and thus avoid middle school stalkers! I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

haha! I'm so proud to have contributed to your reconnection with your middle school love.