Tuesday, March 24, 2009

quick thumb update

Cause I know you've all been concerned about it. It's been almost 3 weeks since I smashed my thumb, and I'd say it's finally almost healed. As healed as it's going to be anytime soon, I would guess. The bruising is gone, the scab fell off, and there's just a tiny bit of swelling left along one side of the nail. Also, the nail has started growing again! It freaked me out when I noticed it hadn't grown since I hit it, but late last week I noticed it was a little longer, so that's good. There's still some bruising or something under the nail, but at least it's not going to fall off. Oh, and all the skin peeled off of it last week. It was weird.

Most importantly, I can finally use my thumb a little more now. It still hurts to put much pressure on it, but I can use it more than I have been able to. Opposable thumbs really come in handy. I'd go take a picture and upload it, but there's not much to show, and I'm far too lazy. I have to start getting ready for work in about 10 minutes so I'm trying to stretch every last second of relaxation out of this morning. I have to work until 10 tonight, but luckily we didn't have any groups this morning so I didn't have to go in until the afternoon. I've been catching up on blogs that I haven't read in probably a month. Where does the time go?

Sorry this is a little lame. I'm going to try to remember to bring the camera to the new museum and take a few pictures to show the new stuff. I had it yesterday but forgot to being it over. My bad.

No comments: