Wednesday, March 25, 2009

happy birthday Katie!

I couldn't let the day end without a quick post about my favorite sister's birthday! Katie's 20 today! Only 1 more year until she can finally have her first alcoholic drink.

I think she was just smelling it here. Because she clearly would not have been drinking way back in Christmas of 2006 when she was only 17. Anyway, way to make me feel old, Katie. I remember the day she was born, getting the call at my grandparents' house and all 3 of us kids getting on a separate extension to hear the news. And the next day was Easter, Dad took us out to breakfast and I got "Fancy Pants," aka waffles with fruit and whipped cream, instead of my usual chocolate chip pancakes. Huge mistake. Then we went to the hospital and got to see our new baby sister. And now she's 20. Holy hell. Ok, quick, need a distraction from feeling old.

Ah, this works nicely.

No comments: