Thursday, March 12, 2009

so, what's Alfred up to these days?

The short answer: he's buying houses.

The longer answer: I think I mentioned here that he took a class and passed his exam to be a real estate sales person in FL. I don't know the technical name, I just know he's not technically a realtor because you have to join their little realtor club to be able to call yourself a realtor. So he's basically a realtor but can't call himself that. Anyway, he's become slightly obsessed with finding cheap bank-owned properties to buy. He has a friend he used to work with (when he was with a home building company) whose construction company is going to do the work needed on these houses, then they're going to sell them for a reasonable, but still relatively cheap, price. And then everyone makes money. Sounds good, no?

He found a house that he has apparently fallen in love with. He wants us to live there. I haven't seen it yet, which sort of puts a slight kink in that plan so far, but he wants to go look at it this weekend so I can see how I like it. So we'll see. It's pretty far from the museum, but it's so cheap I could just quit and raise some babies. Anyway, Alfred spends all his free time these days scouring the internet for good, cheap houses to look at. That's what he's probably doing right now. He couldn't sleep last night because he was thinking about a house. He leaped out of bed at 7:00 last Saturday morning to check for new houses. He's a crazy person.

Also, he's talking about shaving off his beard. If he does, hopefully he'll shave it into funny designs first and let me take pictures. That would be some good blogging material.

No comments: