Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cold

It's been really, really cold here the past several days. It's not so bad in normal everyday life, but I happen to work in a building with no central heat, and where we prop the doors open to the outside to show that we're open. And so, I basically sit outside all day long. It's pretty terrible. The only heat, before the owners brought a space heater by today, was the heat generated by the computers in the office. So I sit in the office and keep the door closed to keep that little bit of warmth inside.

The worst part is that I had to work all weekend. Ugh. Instead I had today off, so that was good, I guess. Alfred even stayed home with me, since he had an eye appointment this morning. Just now we went out for an early dinner with Ellery, and are now sitting in the movie theater waiting to see Avatar. We're fired up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How did you like Avatar? I went to see it with a huge group of Jevon's family and I left like 45 minutes in because his 11-year-old sister had motion sickness from the 3D action, poor kid. 45 minutes was really enough for me though--the special effects were cool but would it have killed them to hire someone to write an original story? We got to see the Alvin squeakwel instead, which was actually funny and had adult references (like to Silence of the Lambs). Also apparently the etiquette in G movies allows talking to the people around you, so it's like watching a movie at home.

Katie H. said...

Ingo wants to see Avatar, but I am opposed to seeing English movies dubbed in German. I have no problem with German movies but there is just something wrong about seeing actors you know speak English with some sketchy German voice. It ain't right.

Also, I can totally sympathize about the heating thing. For some reason in Australia, hardly any buildings had heat either, like it doesn't get cold there! Sounds like a good reason to stay home if you ask me. How cold is it anyway?

Alfred said...

Avatar was awesome! I really did not notice 2 hrs and 40 mins fly by. I think Tracy got a little bored at the end, but the visuals were definitely stunning. And Katie, don't worry about the German voice overs, you probably won't recognize any of the actors anyway.