Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heat wave!

It was over 50 degrees yesterday! It felt downright balmy. Tomorrow's supposed to get to 60, and 70 by the weekend! It's amazing! I actually took my coat off at work for half of the day yesterday. It was like I was in Florida or something.

Other big news: we may have actually found people to rent our house. They've come to look at it twice, we've agreed on rent and lease details, they love the house, Alfred checked them out and everything looks ok. All we have to do is actually sign the lease and get their deposit. They wouldn't move in until March 1, so we don't have to rush and move in the next 2 weeks, so that's good. Of course, now that I've written this I've probably jinxed it and it will fall through. Damn.

This is just the first step in our master plan. First, rent out our house. Next, move to the house that Alfred bought through work that we now own, which we owe an investor some money for but don't actually have a mortgage on. At that point our renters will be covering most of the mortgage on our old house, so we'll be paying a very minimal amount towards housing every month. Lower monthly costs brings me that much closer to being able to quit my job and be a lady of leisure! It's all coming together finally...

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is so good to hear! You will be closer to the airport to pick me up when I visit. And with 3 bedrooms, dad & I can each have our own room!!! I'm excited.....for you, of course.

Katie H. said...

Oh, to be a Lady of Leisure!

Mike said...

OHHH NOOO!!!! I'll do a mass blast e-mail today to figure out the R&R'10 (the sequal to R&R'07). This completly screws with the "I get to burn stuff" section of the plan.