Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm so firing my maid

The lazy bitch has seriously been slacking off. I just washed a bunch of dishes that have been sitting in the sink for (let's hope only) 2 days. There's a pile of laundry staring me down from the other end of the couch, waiting to be ironed. There's one item in particular that has been there for at least 2 1/2 weeks. It had company, but they eventually gave up and went back to the closet unironed because I had nothing else clean to wear to work. (Luckily it's been raining for the past 10 days so everything I wore was wet and muddy within minutes of me arriving at work anyway.) The bathrooms haven't been cleaned in weeks on end. The pile of mail is slowly taking over the counter top. BUT - the dishes in the sink are clean! And the laundry we did on Monday is folded, upstairs, and half put away! Someone hasn't gotten around to putting their half away yet. Not naming any names, of course. In case you were wondering, no pictures today. I can admit to this in writing, but photographic evidence is going too far.

Anyway, Alfred just texted me that he's still working and will probably just spend the night up there. I guess that gives me more time to get some crap done. I do still have half of last week's So You Think You Can Dance to watch, so that's some incentive to iron at least. Which reminds me of Katherine (the SYTYCD part, not the ironing part), which reminds me to mention that if anyone else is interested in guest blogging, just let me know. Just email me the post along with any pictures or anything else that needs to be included, and I'll put it up for you. And use it as an excuse to be lazy and not post for a couple of days. I mean, leave your post up longer for more people to see. Yeah, that's it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was working Tony pretty heavily to do a Croatia post. So expect it to come. ps tonight I'm in Billlings, tomorrow, who knows

Unknown said...

oooh, I am going to have to come up with something good. I shall ponder.

I did massive amounts of laundry and ironing and general organizationy things last weekend--it'll feel so good when it's done, good luck...

Katie K. said...

What's worthy of guest blogging? Probably not my boring life, that's for sure. Ingo also has a housekeeper who I desperately want to fire. Nothing against the woman, but we could save the money and I could do it myself. Damn maids.

Katie K. said...

That cat tail is disgusting!

Also, I love that you watch Alf. My sister and I watched a few episodes a couple months ago. I forgot how funny that show is!