Saturday, May 16, 2009

two more weeks

Then our busy season at work is over. I'll be back to 9-5 work days, sitting in my office for more than 5 minutes at a time, taking lunch breaks.... ah, summer. I'll also be alone, because Kara's quitting, which I've been expecting. She's been totally checked out the last couple of weeks, she's more than ready to leave. She called in sick this past Tuesday, then told our boss that she wasn't really sick, she was just "exhausted" from having to walk part of the way to her dentist appointment the day before. Yeah, I'd like to call in tired too, but some of us have a work ethic. It still pisses me off. My boss told me I should call Kara on Friday morning and tell her I was too tired to come to work. I was tempted, seeing as how I was there until 10:15 Thursday evening. Two more weeks, just two more weeks. I can do it.

In other news, I was emailing Mike one of the power hour CDs we made (so that he can listen to a song and then drink) and gmail told me about a program called myPowerHour - you put in your playlist, set how long you want it to go for, and it plays a minute (or more or less, depending on how you set it up) of each song, plays a sound at every minute change, and can even keep track of each person, what they're drinking, what minute and beer you're on, and even your blood alcohol content based on what beer you're drinking! It's so unfortunate that we didn't find this sooner. All of our power hours when Mike visited could have been so much more official. Of course I downloaded it, maybe tonight Alfred and I will give it a test run. I'm so excited!

It is a little creepy that gmail can look at my email subjects and then give me an ad for something it thinks I want... I mean, I know that sort of thing existed, but I never had it actually work for me. Or I never paid much attention before. I guess the phrase "power hour" is enough to catch my eye.

We're house sitting again this weekend, first time in awhile. Alfred's out doing something with Max at the model, so I'm here along (with Sam, the dog). Seeing as how it's sunny and gorgeous outside, I'm at a house with a pool, and I brought a bathing suit, I'm going to get off the computer now and go enjoy the fact that I live in Florida. Peace out!

No comments: