Saturday, May 2, 2009

I can photoshop drunk!

Mike has this peculiar love of doing yard work when he's at our house. We're putting him to work this weekend, since we don't know when he'll be back.

Right now we're in the midst of a controlled burn of a section of crap by the dock. I'm staying up on the porch, far away from the spreading flames. I'm also drunk enough to not be freaking out about raging fire in the middle of our yard. It's better that way.

Mike's currently down by the water, throwing random flaming objects up onto the main part of the fire. Not asking questions. He and Alfred worked on the yard for awhile yesterday, and we've been burning shit like crazy. Doesn't it look nice? Go here for a look at the before (Alfred's computer is off, which severely limits my picture access).


We finished our second power hour of the weekend about half an hour ago. I didn't go full out, but the boys did. We've got ribs in the oven and big plans for another power hour later this evening. Also, I made the best pizza ever last night. I discovered the secret, which I shall not divulge in such a public forum. If anyone's interested, they'll just have to visit us to try it and see for themselves!

No comments: