Thursday, November 6, 2008

happy birthday, dad!

Yup, it's Big Guy's birthday today. I called him this afternoon and spent 10 minutes hearing about how one of the dogs bit the other, and so he was trying to take a picture for me so I could see what he (the dog) looked like. Apparently he looked like Rocky (as in Balboa). We also discussed politics, which is always interesting. We don't tend to agree on politics, my dad and I. But that's ok. He doesn't read this, I don't think, but happy birthday anyway, just in case.

I also forgot to mention that yesterday was both Lindsay's and Allison's anniversary. They got married the exact same day, just a few miles apart, 3 years ago. I don't have any pictures of them to post. Sorry.

We just got back from dinner, I joined Alfred house sitting tonight so he took me out to eat. We went to a Cuban place, and it was pretty fantastic. I learned that I love fried plantains with a passion that burns from the bottom of my heart. We got a bit of a late start because Alfred's car battery died, so I had to go pick him up at work and hold a flashlight (tough work) while he took out the battery. Stupid car. We're trying to figure out a plan now to get him back to his car tomorrow. I think he thinks I'm not listening and is getting annoyed. Sorry honey. Ok we have to go pick up a car from his parents. Peace out, girl scout.

No comments: